MYS is a Volunteer Organization with a variety of ways to give back to your community. We appreciate any amount of time that you can give. We encourage Adults and High School Students to volunteer with us. Here are just a few ways you can get involved!
- In-Town Coach or Assistant Coach – Help coach your son or daughters team on Saturday mornings. Oversee a 30 minute practice followed by a small sided game. While previous playing/coaching experience can be helpful, it is not a necessity. Coaching plans with skills and drills will be provided by the Director of Coaching for each weekly session.
- Travel Coach or Assistant Coach – Take your coaching to the next level and volunteer to coach a Travel team. This would include games on Saturdays as well as one or two practices each week. Please visit our Coaches page for more information. Please note, if you are interested in coaching travel soccer you must submit a request to the travel committee.
- In-Town Age Group Coordinator – Assist the In-Town Director with coordination of certain age groups. Main responsibilities include making teams, assigning coaches, and communication with players, families & coaches throughout the season.
- Field Lining– Weekly help is needed to line our grass fields. This includes our 7 v 7, 9 v 9, 11 v 11 and Small Sided Fields. Please click the link to sign up for a specific field and a specific week. Field liners and paint will be provided.
- Field Preparation – Each Fall and Spring MYS hosts a Field Prep day to prepare our fields for the upcoming season. Activities include field creation & lining, moving goals, putting up nets and signs. View the link above to see all open roles.
- Tournament – Each Fall MYS hosts our Columbus Cup over Columbus Day weekend. This is a huge community event and requires volunteers throughout the entire weekend. Volunteer opportunities exist for manning the Concession Stand, driving golf carts, directing traffic, and monitoring Zero Tolerance. Click on the link for more information.
- Other Events – Each year MYS participates in multiple community events, some listed below. If you are interested in getting involved in any of these please reach out to our event/fundraising coordinator for more information:
- MYS Night at the Revolution
- Mansfield Chamber of Commerce Family Fun Night
- Veteran’s Day Parade
- Board of Directors – MYS is governed by the MYS Board of Directors. For more information on the Board structure and roles and responsibilities, visit our Board of Directors webpage.
If you are looking for more information, please contact our MYS President or any of our other Board members.
All MYS Volunteers must have a CORI check completed within the last 2 years through MYS. You can check for your status on the Mass Youth Soccer page by using this link. If you have any questions, please contact our Cori Admin.