MYS (Mansfield Youth Soccer) has adopted a ZT (Zero Tolerance) Policy that is consistent with the policy set forth by BAYS (Boston Area Youth Soccer). MYS’ adopted ZT Policy apply to both coaches and spectators.
- No one, except the designated team captain(s), is to speak to the referee during or after the game. Exception: Coaches may ask questions before the game, call for substitutions, point out emergencies during the game, or respond to the referee if addressed.
- Absolutely no disputing calls, by coaches, players, or spectators, either during or after the game. No yelling at the referee; no criticism, sarcasm, harassment, intimidation, or feedback of any kind during or after the game.
- Violators may be ejected or suspended and are subject to disciplinary action by the MYS Zero Tolerance Committee.
- If coaches or spectators have questions regarding this policy, please contact the MYS Zero Tolerance Committee Director at email@example.com.
The MYS Zero Tolerance Policy applies to both Coaches and Spectators. ZT infraction severity will be determined by the ZT rating included in the referee’s game report. Rating guidelines, set forth by BAYS, are below:
Zero Tolerance Rating Guideline for Game Reports
|Zero Tolerance Policy Level||Severity of Violation||Conduct Involved|
|0||No issues||Everyone well behaved and positive.|
|1||Minor||Some comments. Did not disrupt enjoyment of game by players or distract the referee(s).|
|2||Major||Significant comments. Did disrupt game. Cautions issued or should have been issued.|
|3||Severe||Major distractions for the referee(s). Ejections for ZT occurred or should have. May or may not have considered terminating the game.|
Zero Tolerance violations by coaches and/or spectators need to be reported by the match referees in each of their referee game reports according to a sliding scale of 0 to 3.
All Red Card violations issued are reports to the Ejection Secretary.
Additionally, at the referee's discretion, he or she can also report egregious misconduct or red card violations to their respective Referee Assignor.
MYS-specific ZT Policy
Please see below for MYS-specific ZT Policy information for both coaches and spectators, as well as the detailed disciplinary action that may be applied if ZT infractions occur.
- All Coach and Spectator ZT1s are not cumulative and will reset at the beginning of the year.
- All Coach and Specifically Identified Spectator ZT’s greater than ZT1 are cumulative and do not reset at the beginning of the year. Unidentified spectator ZT’s reset each year.
- All scenarios cannot be covered. The final determination will be a Board vote, upon investigation and recommendation from the ZT Committee.
- Appeals will not be heard for ZT1.
- Appeals will be heard for ZT2 and ZT3.
ZT Policy for Coaches
|ZT Accumulations||ZT Possible Combinations||Remediation|
|1||One ZT1||Warning & must sign ZT Policy before returning to coach|
|2||One ZT2 or two ZT1s||1 Game Suspension & written apology as appropriate|
|3||One ZT3, One ZT2 and one ZT1, three ZT1s||2 Game Suspension & written apology as appropriate|
|4||One ZT3 and one ZT1, Two ZT2s, Four ZT1s||Rest of Season Suspension and written apology as appropriate. Travel Committee to review coach placement for the next year.|
|5||One ZT3 and one ZT2, Two ZT2s and one ZT1, Five ZT1s||MYS Career Suspension|
ZT Policy for Spectators
|ZT Accumulation||ZT Combos||Spectator is Identified||Spectator is NOT Identified|
|1||One ZT1||Warning & Sign ZT Policy before child can play||All parents receive a warning & sign ZT Policy before child can play|
|2||One ZT2 or|
|1 Game suspension & sign ZT Policy before child can play||All parents serve 1 Game Suspension (i.e. no fans allowed at the next home game) & sign ZT Policy before child can play|
|3||One ZT3, one ZT2 and one ZT1, three ZT1s||2 Game Suspension & sign ZT Policy before child can play||All parents serve 2 Game Suspension (i.e., no fans allowed at the next home game) & sign ZT Policy before child can play|
|4||One ZT3 and one ZT1, Two ZT2s, Four ZT1s||Rest of Season Suspension & sign ZT Policy before child can play||No spectators at home games for the remainder of the season|
|5||One ZT3 and one ZT2, Two ZT2s and one ZT1, Five ZT1s||MYS lifetime suspension|